Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Do My Hands Ever Get Tired?


OK, I get this question all the time! When I was in Massage School doing clinicals, I would only do two or three sessions a day. My hands usually did not get tired, but this did help to strengthen them. Of course, I did do hand exercises, too, as I still do when I'm being a good little massage therapist. After I got out of school, and into the real world of massage therapy, the people who scheduled the massages did not care how many sessions you had done that day. So, yes, If I did more than seven or eight massages in one day my hands would be tired and hurt. Luckily, I do my own scheduling these days, and I have learned it's foolish to book more appointments than my body can handle. Every now and then I'll over do it, go home, put BioFreeze on my hands and wrist, and complain to my husband.

No comments:

Post a Comment